Holoween Costume 2010? We have to top 2009

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Date Night.

After a long, hard day at work, I came home to this…

I stood there for a moment wondering, “What the…?” I stared at it and then decided that it would be nice to be inside where there is AC. I wait for Hubby to open the door like he usually does when I get home from work, but he didn’t. I stand there a moment longer, contemplating if I should just use MY keys to open the door myself. I do.

Let me just say, Hubby is the best!

As I open the door I hear Ray LaMontagne’s, Winter Birds, which was our first dance! The lights are dim and the mood was nice.

On the floor… 

 

(Ah ha! That explains the thing at the front door.)


Another surprise:

(The chocolates weren’t open when I got home.)

 

NEXT:

Off to Coronelli’s, Hubby take it away…

Hubby here. Well, I looked online for a while trying to find a place that fit into the parameters we had set up for food on date nights. The place has to:

1.    Be unique.

2.    Be not  (Something)-American or Tex-(Something).

The last one is our variable:

3.    Be not so expensive that I have to take out a mortgage for it.

Corronelli’s fit into two of the parameters. And I figured this out as soon as we walked in.

Host: Two? Do you-a have-a reservations?

Me: No, I feel pretty good about this place.

Just Kidding. It went like this:

            Host: Two? Do you-a have-a reservations?

            Me: Oh… No, I didn’t…

            Host: Just two?

            Me: Yeah, but I didn’t make reser…

            Host: It’s ok, we find a place for you.

 The host, an older black gentleman, with an Italian-ish accent, did indeed find us a spot in a cozy room, with a few other folks. Every one looked old and rich and I looked at Wifey and gave her the eyebrow that says “I hope we have enough money and we won’t have to wash dishes after dinner.” 

Corronelli’s is in an old house north of the Conroe courthouse. It has a very authentic Italian-home atmosphere. It reminded me of my Grandparent’s – probably because the owner/waitress, Norma’s accent sounded much like my Granny’s.

We order our meal’s. Wifey got the daily special, a shrimp and spaghetti dish. And I got the Fettucine Calabrese, in honor of my friend Jeremy’s granparents, The Calabreses.

After dinner I asked for the check. I paid with a $100. Norma came back and asked us if we had anything smaller. I didn’t. After about 5 minutes of:

Norma: Ok, I give you-a 50, you give me-a… no… wait… you-a give me-a…wait… no… etc.

In the end, she charged us less, to avoid confusion and said we could just come back later and take care of it. She gave Wifey and I big hugs and hurried off back to the kitchen.

Wifey and I just look at each other a laughed.

            Wifey: We’re definitely coming back here.

            Me: Yes, with correct change.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. Teresa BallesterosApril 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM

    Way to go son! I was wondering if your Italian roots would prove you to be the romantic. Buona! Keep it up! It makes for many happy years to come. Belieeeve me, I know! You make a mamma-in-law very proud .... and relieved! Love you too Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie told me that you had a blog and so I hope you guys dont mind if I read it. So far... your posts are very entertaining and they remind me of Daniel and my first year together.

    Love it and look forward to reading more. :O)

    ReplyDelete